Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yay for Maternity Rotation

I am so happy to report that I am absolutely loving my Maternity Rotation. Yesterday was our first day and it was a lot to take in. A new hospital, much bigger than the one I was at for my first clinical. New procedures, new nurses, new ways of documenting, new medication systems. And that's just the incidental stuff. Such a completely different atmosphere than the Med-Surg Floors. And so much better. Mostly because of my exhaustion, I am having trouble putting into words exactly how I am feeling. But I can definitely say I think I would like to specialize in Labor & Delivery. I got to observe a C-Section delivery and participate in a v. birth today. Both were the most amazing experiences. Women are just amazing and it was wonderful to see life being brought in to the world. To see parents meeting their children for the first time. To be part of such a team-oriented atmosphere (another one of the big differences between L&D and Med Surg.) I promise I will tell more about it, but it is already late and we have another long 12 hours ahead of us. (my poor feet are already killing me and it is only Tuesday!!). Okay, off to finish my homework and then crawl to bed.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hooray! It's got to feel good knowing you've found something you'd like to specialize in. Good for you!

BTW, if you pick up any tips for me, I'd be glad to hear them. email me.