Thursday, August 9, 2007

Shots all around

Today I gave my first injection to a living breathing human. It was very exciting and kinda scary. But afterwards I felt great because it had been done and was no longer this ominous terrifying task looming over my head. And my patient said, "Wow that wasn't bad at all!" which made me feel good. Although she had just gone through childbirth, so her pain perception was slightly off.

Jane also gave her first shot today. Our dog Barley has been diagnosed with diabetes and will now require insulin shots twice a day. Barley was also a good patient and did not complain in the least. And Jane was an excellent nurse and administered the med with perfect technique.

So everyone should now go do a shot in both Jane's & my honor. I recommend the slippery nipple [shot] of Bailey's Irish Creme and Sambuca. And if you like, I can can go grab some from the nursery for you.

No comments: