Monday, August 27, 2007

Return from paradise and the start of a new semester

Returned from beautiful beautiful ogunquit. We had an absolute blast. The weather was perfect, hot and sunny, and both Jane and returned with much color on our faces, shoulders, shins, and feet. The place we stayed was gorgeous - right on the marginal way with gorgeous views of the beach and open sea. There was also a restaurant that we had breakfast at every morning, plus a cute little bar that served yummy frozen drinks. I have discovered a new favorite - Melon Madness which is a combination of Midori and Pina Coladas. Yum and more yum.

I just love the beach there. The sand is impossibly soft and clean and there are GYNORMOUS waves. I purchased a boogie board and had lots and lots of fun riding the waves. My other favorite part of Ogunquit beach is the tidal river. The water is warmer there and there is a gentle current that will bring you along the river and into the ocean. You can also spot little snails, shrimp and crabs at the bottom. We had the best time just floating along - like a natural version of the Lazy River Ride I love at water parks. It was an absolute blast.

But the best part was that my Jane secretly contacted some of my peeps who joined us for a pre-birthday surprise. Saturday morning Miranda drove all the way up and showed up at our hotel room door. My jaw dropped as I exclaimed "SHUT UP" when I opened the door and saw her smiling back at me. I had been wondering why Jane was lolligagging in the room and didn't seem to want to leave when I was gently but clearly indicating that I was excited to get to the beach and to more boogie-boarding. But she just stayed sprawling on the bed saying, "I'm not ready yet!" All was forgiven once I realized what she had planned. So Moses joined us at the beach we introduced her to the joys of tidal river floating. So much fun and so great to see her! Then later that afternoon as we returned to the room, I was surprised again by the site of Ms Alee & Ms Stacey hiding behind the bed. Apparently they were supposed to jump out and say "SURPRISE" but unfortuneately Stacey banged her leg so all I heard was "Sur-OW!" and saw two figures scrambling in the corner. The injury was not lasting so the five of us walked the marginal way and had an AWESOME dinner of seafood and butter, lots of drinks, and lots of laughter. It was a perfect evening.

This morning we packed up and walked around town and did some shopping. I got my traditional bag of chocolate covered blueberries. Then on the way out we stopped at the "Inmate Made Products" store and then Stonewall Kitchen where we got some blueberry jam. We finished the evening by stopping by my mom's for a cookout and were joined by my sister, jake, josh, leah and my aunt diane. Dinner was fabulous as always (THANKS MOM!!) and we had a great time.

Finally home. All our stuff is still in the garage or in the car, and we will slowly unpack over the week. I spent the evening organizing my desk and bookbags in preparation for the upcoming semester. I was scheduled for Med-Surg lab at 8AM tomorrow, but due to some scheduling issues with the hospitial orientations, we won't be starting lab until next week. So I only have to do hospital orientation tomorrow from 2-4PM. Which is actually good because we have to complete two safety tests tomorrow before the meeting, plus reading assignments due on Tuesday.

And it begins....

No comments: