Monday, August 27, 2007

I'd sit in the quad and think, Oh my god...

It was strange to be back on campus again today. For one thing we have been away from the classroom for two weeks on our clinical rotation. But now it is the Fall semster, which means the return of the traditional undergrads. The campus was suddenly a flurry of activity completely unlike the tranquility of the summer term. The parking lots were jam packed and the lines in the dining hall and bookstore snaked out the doors. But the most amazing part - the students looked so Young.

Some of our classes and clinicals are integrated with the regualar senior nursing students. One of my fellow classmates was in the library working on the safety exam due today and saw two girls sitting at one of the nearby computer terminals working on the same document. And she overheard them saying, "I can't believe I have clinical with Some of Them". I am a Them.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yes, but isn't she a "Them" to you?

I quite frequently realize I am a Them. Sometimes, my very very own Them.

We are all one of the "Thems" to someone. Do not take it personally. Simply laugh at all the foolish young mistakes she still has to make and learn from. Like thinking you are a Them.

Julia and Leora said...

The Tufts undergraduates come tomorrow. I may bike into work to avoid the craziness that will be parking at Tufts during orientatoin. What fun!