Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good is, I passed my exam! I actually did surprisingly well considering how awful I felt about it. I am very happy with my 88, considering the class average for the test was a 79.

The bad is that we have another exam tomorrow on Maternal/Child Nursing Care (not Maternal Child Care Nursing:)
We covered a boatload of material in two days and I need to find a way to get it all to stick in my head.

The ugly is that we lost another student. While I didn't know the three other students who failed/left the program, I knew this student fairly well and she was very smart and very sweet. The worst part is that you needed to get a 73 grade in the course to pass. She got a 71. Two points short. I didn't get the chance to talk to her after we got our grades, but some other students did, and they said she was handling it well. She may try and complete the two year nursing program instead. Major kudos to her. If that had been me I would have immediately set fire to all my handouts, books, and quinnipiac apparel and gone running and screaming through the woods. If I saw a duck...well...I would smile and pat its head:) It definitely left the rest of us quiet and concerned. Moral is low and we are all terrified. And angry.

The silver lining. I like our new Maternal/Child teacher. She is very clear in lecture (although a little rambly) and I think her exam is going to be much more fair.

Okay...back to the books.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Hi Julie,

A HUGE Congratulations on your awesome grade! I know that you can do this!

Just take one day, one lecture, once exam, at a time. It will all work out in the end.

I am sorry to hear about your fellow classmate.

Love Mom

Kathleen said...

Oh! Maternal / Child Nursing Care! Ok. I'm silly.

You'll do fine. One step at a time. Even though they are quick steps.