Sunday, July 15, 2007

Choices

So a week has gone by which means we have finished the lecture portion of an ENTIRE course. The final exam is tomorrow. We then immediately start on our next course, Maternal Child Care Nursing. At this point, we are all starting to show wear around the edges. By the end of class on Friday, I actually started to wonder if my brain would be able to absorb any more information. After a particularly confusing lecture on chemotherapy, I felt like I wanted to gnaw my own arm off. Sentiments were shared by everyone in the class. Our heads are simply getting very very full. Fridays in general are very tough. Our brains have reached maximum saturation, our concentration levels have plummeted, and our butts are sore from sitting in the uncomfortable desks all day. Even the professor was pretty cooked. It was definitely time for the weekend.

Now I need to muster up the concentration and motivation to study for yet another exam. I took yesterday completely off, to give my poor noggin a break. It helped a lot. And on the upside, if I get my studying done this afternoon, Jane & I will go see the new Harry Potter movie, which I am VERY excited about.

It just gets overwhelming knowing that after tomorrow's exam, the whole process will repeat, without a long break until the end of August. It like we are running sprints to pass each midterm while simultaneously running a marathon to the end of summer.

I am still enjoying the program and the experience, don't get me wrong. And I know it will all be worth it in the end, and I would rather have this crazy schedule and have it done in 1 year, than spreading it out over two years.
Okay, I feel better. I just needed to vent. Phew. Thanks for listening to all my whining! :) Back to the books!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

OK, so I have to ask... what exactly is "Maternal Child Care Nursing?"

Because it has words that make it sound like I should know what it is, words like "maternal" and also "child care." But when you put them together I stop understanding. Maybe it's jet-lag. Is it Child Birth? Or nursing Pregnant Ladies? Or Nursing children and Children? Or Nursing Children in a very Maternal sort of way? It's probably really obvious and I'm being really obtuse and tired.

Whatever it is, it sounds like a good thing, and something I might like. So please keep posting about it, and don't gnaw your arm off, because I'm sure you will need it to Maternally nurse the... children.