Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy news!

I hope everyone had a happy, healthy, and safe Thanksgiving! I thoroughly enjoyed my week off from school. I got some much needed rest then made a long list of chores and other "To-Do" items that I haven't had time for during the semester. Then I prompty ignored most of the items on the list and watched a lot of Buffy:) It's not that big a deal that the Halloween decorations are still sitting in a pile in the garage, right? Or that we have 4 laundry baskets of CLEAN clothes just begging to be put away. (not to mention the mound of laundry that needs to be done). I needed some time just to veg out, so I consider it time well spent. I also got to do some snuggling with the kitties, which they enjoyed immensely. (at one point all three of them had joined my on the chaise lounge).

I had 2 wonderful thanksgivings, 1 with friends and 1 with family. Both were amazing, and it was wonderful to spend time with all the peoples I have been missing so much. Best of all there was lots and lots of laughter.

And today I found out that I was accepted into an internship at the Hospital of Central Connecticut!! Yahoo!! Am sooo very excited about this opportunity. It was a competitive application process, and they only accept about 16 students. I will be working one on one with a nurse on a medical telemetry floor. The internship lasts three weeks over the winter break. So big yay for my first nursing job!

And tomorrow we have a day away from classes to attend the Connecticut League of Nursing's "RN Student Day" There will be speakers, a job fair, networking opporunities, and best of all....free lunch!

Okay, gotta go switch the laundry so I have something acceptable to wear tomorrow. I hope everyone had a fabulous thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on your internship! Hooray, Hooray!

Lou said...

Yay, Julie! Three cheers for you! And you deserved a little break, I'm glad you took it easy for a few days.

queenmabby said...

Congrats! That's awesome jules!