Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Today in Lab...

I knew my theater training would come in handy someday. Today in lab I got to play the part of "fainting patient" so the instructor could teach us how to lower someone to the floor if they pass out. We also learned lots about administering meds safely, which is good cuz I don't want to accidentally injure someone by giving them the wrong dosage. Or giving meds to the wrong patient. Apparently these things happen fairly frequently. So if you are ever in the hospital and they give you meds, make sure they confirm your name AND your wrist band!

Yesterday in lab, we learned how to change the bed sheets WITH A PATIENT STILL IN THE BED. Pretty tricky, I know.

2 comments:

queenmabby said...

WOW! that sounds neat. you should teach stacey how to make the bed while i'm still in it:) she gets to make the bed (her favorite thing) and i get to stay in bed (my favorite thing).

MISS YOU!

Lou said...

DUDE. Come to my house.