Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm done

With school. Except the problem is....we have another month left. But I'm done. Like, stick a fork in me, crispy around the edges done.

And that is pretty much the sentiment of all my classmates. We're just done. Just can't deal with it anymore. Total burn out. We are so tired of studying and writing papers and journals and working on group projects. Every little assignment, quiz, and exam is a monumental struggle...just to muster up the energy to prepare for it. and we still have so much left. More projects and quizzes and journals. Ugh. Just so tired. We had an exam this morning, and last night studying was like pulling teeth. I have absolutely no concentration ability left at all. But I feel better that absolyutely everyone I talk to feels exactly the same way.

And I guess I am not suprised. We have been running full speed for a year now and have crammed a LOT of info into our heads. It is amazing how much we have learned this year. And we all understand that we haven't learned all that we need to know. We still have lots to learn. In general, and to prepare for the NCLEX. But as far as this semester is concerned, yeah, we're pretty much done.

Which is why I haven't been posting on the blog. Absolutely everything around me is just overwhelming. Definitely need a break. So I am sorry that I haven't been keeping in touch with everyone! I love you all so much and miss you totally!! This has just been a tough semester with a lot going on. But I am almost there! Sunday is the big "Pinning Ceremony" which is a tradition for nursing school. and it's nice cuz it is a ceremony just for the nursing students, unlike graduation which is the whole school. So I am looking forward to it. Even if they made us pay for our own pins. Plus sunday is the induction into the honor society. And I am so excited for my Mom and Jane to meet all my friends and professors and show them around the school. So yay. Now I need to find something to wear...

And take a nap.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

you can do it, Julie! Rally. The pinning ceremony will help motivate and give you that push you need to see it through to the end. Cause you're a smarty pants. Just remember yo have a big cheering section!